Rosenberg FUMC 1-24-21 Worship Service
Worship starts at 10am on Sunday as always! A few helpful links are below. Thanks for joining us!
Worship Order and notes for the service - http://adobe.ly/3o6PE0q
Prayer requests - https://forms.gle/5vZ7kKbeYmpHAp7m9
Online Giving - https://www.fumcrosenberg.net/give
Attendance - https://forms.gle/EDkmjhpZoNzMi4YW6
UMM Chicken Fried Steak Supper
Friday, January 29th, 5:00 - 7:00 pm
Prepared by: Vincek’s Smokehouse $11 per plate
DRIVE THRU - CARRY OUT ONLY
In case you missed it - we shared a series of stories about our past and future throughout Advent. You can watch the full Faces of Hope series here -
And don’t forget Sunday Morning Discussion Group on Facebook! -
Jonah 3:1-5, 10
1) Diving deeper into today’s scripture(s):
a) What words or phrases stand out to you?
b) Pick two or three of those words or phrases - where do you see these things in life? What is the meaning or role they play there?
c) With the same word or phrase - where else does it arise in scripture?
2) At the end of Jonah’s story, he is angry with God for forgiving Nineveh and still hoping God will rain down fire on the city. Why do you think Jonah didn’t want God to forgive others? Have you ever been bothered by forgiveness shown to others?
3) Realizing the breadth and depth of God’s love and forgiveness often goes against the stories we tell ourselves about what we have earned or are worth. Can you name a time when you thought something was true and later learned you had been wrong about that person or event?
4) What are two or three of the most important themes or principles that you see in the Christian faith?
5) How does this message impact our lives?
a)What is the call to action in the scripture? What are some things you would actually have to do or say to put it into practice?
b) What would it look like to follow this call to action completely?
c) Can you share a story in which you or someone in your life followed the call to action? What happened? What was the outcome?
d) What is one thing you can do tomorrow to live out this call?
e) What difference would it make in your life to live like this?
Click here for a list of all previous online worship videos.